March 2018. It's been awhile but we're back at it. With Darius' assistance the redesign is coming along. Here's version 1,
December 2015. Our current inventory of Gecko components will see us through this year. It's time to consider it's successor, the Gecko II.
Here are a few ambitious goals/considerations:
- To redeisgn to keep cost under $29.95 for 2016 so neither do we raise the price and neither do we sell at a loss
- Low level code (ie. no libraries) so users can flash with no more than the Arduino IDE if need be
- Surface mount parts where possible (AVR, DS1307, resistors, capacitors, crystals, etc.)
- In-house soldering and board assembly
- Elimination of parts: switch, chip seats, male headers, two breakout boards, MCP9808 temp sensor
- ISP interface that works for both AVR & RTC
- Retain existing acrylic plates?
- (Optional) 14-segment displays